Unfortunately thieves know that Christmas presents can be rich pickings, particularly the latest electronics.
So what are some simple improvements to make sure that you are only visited by Santa Claus and not by a burglar?
- Keep valuables, and Christmas presents, out of sight. And don’t leave packaging lying around that shows you have just had lots of deliveries.
- Prune any bushes or trees in front of your property, so burglars aren’t hidden from passers by.
- Don’t leave a spare key hidden outside.
- Leave lights on inside your home when you go out in the evening – if possible install a light above your front door, preferably linked to a motion sensor.
- Have a burglar alarm installed.