PolicyCastle now offers a market-leading 15% home insurance discount to Cocoon™ home security customers who use the AI-powered smart home security device to protect their home
London, 7 December 2017 – Cocoon™, the Aviva-backed smart home security system, has announced a deal with PolicyCastle, the innovative digital home insurance platform, giving people buying home insurance through PolicyCastle a 15% discount when protecting their home with the connected security system.
Cocoon’s partnership with PolicyCastle bolsters people’s security across the UK with this new market-leading home insurance deal, providing home protection in the lead up to Christmas when potential intruders take advantage of the dark nights and high-value presents.
PolicyCastle’s transparent online service helps UK customers make informed choices when buying home insurance, and perfectly aligns with Cocoon’s mission to help people feel safe at home.
UK homeowners can now benefit from the home insurance offer when buying a policy with PolicyCastle for properties protected by a Cocoon smart home security system.
Sanjay Parekh, Cocoon CEO said:
“We’re delighted to partner with PolicyCastle, the innovative digital home insurance platform. UK homeowners using Cocoon to protect their homes and loved ones will now get a genuinely market-leading discount on their home insurance policy.
The connected home has gone through a technological evolution, having mostly failed to deliver much real-world benefit to customers. Just as smart thermostats save customers’ hard-earned cash, Cocoon partnering with PolicyCastle gives UK homeowners security and real year-on-year cost savings, at a time when household incomes are being squeezed. We call that a win for the customer.
We see innovation, whether through technology or commercial partnerships, as the most effective way to improve the lives of our customers. Working together with PolicyCastle and other innovative insurance partners is just one way to kickstart change in the home insurance industry and force larger, established brands to improve their offerings to UK customers. The cost of protecting the home and loved ones is priceless, and here at Cocoon we truly believe the our smart security system will be at the centre of that change”.
Edmund Dilger, PolicyCastle CEO said:
“We’re excited to partner with Cocoon to offer a home insurance discount to their customers. Smart home devices have the opportunity to revolutionise the way we maintain and protect our homes and we are delighted to support customers who are using them.
PolicyCastle is creating the first database relating different smart home devices, perils and claims, and will work with insurers to provide tailored home insurance policies for customers based on the data. We are delighted to work with Cocoon and other smart home technology businesses as we innovate on behalf of customers.”
Cocoon is changing the way we all secure our homes, with a unique AI-powered all-in-one home security system that uses sound-detection to protect more of the home than any other security device. Simple to setup and use, keeping people connected to their home via an app, Cocoon’s Subsound® technology, offers multi-room protection through infrasound motion detection. A hassle-free way to protect what you care about most.
Key features include:
- Unique Subsound® technology offering multi-room protection from a single device
- Simple all-in-one setup, working in less than a minute
- Built-in camera with night vision and HD video
- Wide-angle 120-degree camera coverage
- In-app control to trigger the siren, avoiding any false alarms
- Smart notifications straight to your phone, and all the users in the household
Cocoon is available at www.cocoon.life and from retailers including Amazon.co.uk, Selfridges & Co. and B&Q, priced at £159. The Cocoon app is available free on both iOS and Android.
Cocoon™ is a British technology startup making it easy for people to feel their homes are secure, with a unique AI-powered all-in-one home security system that uses sound-detection to protect more of the home than any other security device. Everybody should feel safe at home, but 19 million UK homes don’t have home security due to the cost and complexity of installation, leaving them 5X more likely to be victims of burglary. Each year over 650,000 families in the UK fall victim to a break-in, leaving them distraught and costing the UK insurance industry over £1.5bn in claims.
Cocoon’s disruptive team of security experts have developed a unique AI-based detection technology, called Subsound®, making home security more accessible. This creates a more accurate and reliable way of detecting intruders in the home by filtering out the everyday false-alarms caused by pets, pipes and traffic. A hassle-free way to protect the 19m homes currently excluded by cost and complexity of traditional home security systems.
Since launching on Indiegogo in 2014 Cocoon has raised backing from Aviva Ventures, Breed Reply Investments, and completed a successful CrowdCube campaign. In 2017 Cocoon welcomed Robin Terrell (former MD of John Lewis Direct and Amazon.co.uk) and launched into UK retail with partners Amazon UK, Selfridges & Co. and B&Q. As of December 2017 Cocoon is protecting homes in 65 countries around the world, with exceptional customer ratings on Amazon.co.uk and Trustpilot.
- MULTI-ROOM PROTECTION: Unique Subsound® technology protects more of your home when you are away by detecting unusual sounds in other rooms caused by objects moving.
- HD CAMERA: Cocoon automatically records and stores footage, using it’s HD wide-angle lens, as easily at night as during daylight.
- HASSLE-FREE SETUP: Cocoon is the easiest home security system to setup, ever. Plug it in, download the app and let Cocoon connect to your home Wi-Fi.
- SMART NOTIFICATIONS: Alerts you the moment it detects unusual activity at home, with live HD video straight to your phone and a loud (90+ dB) built-in siren alarm you can trigger remotely.
- AUTO ARM & DISARM: Cocoon detects when you come and go, arming and disarming automatically so you don’t have to remember to set or unset it.
- NO MONTHLY CONTRACTS OR MONTHLY FEES: With Cocoon there are no contracts or monthly fees to use the product.
PolicyCastle, founded in 2016, is a digital platform for selling and managing personal lines insurance. Much of the technology supporting the insurance industry is decades old, and this means that it is difficult for established insurance businesses to introduce the innovation needed to improve customer service in the digital world. PolicyCastle’s technology benefits customers and insurers through enhanced data use, supporting two solutions:
1. A smartphone-first digital broker under the PolicyCastle brand, focused on UK personal lines and in particular specialist risks, starting with specialist home insurance.
2. A white label platform as a service for insurance distributors, enabling integrated pricing, fulfilment, mid-term adjustments, servicing, claims handling and management information in a single platform that allows smartphone-first customer interaction and significant back office cost savings.